We provide energy services for small, medium and large businesses across our target markets.
As our VP, Engineering, you will ensure Arnergy has the right technology and product roadmap to fulfill its short term goal and long range plan. As a key member of the executive team, you will work with the Chief Executive Officer and contribute at a strategic level to Arnergy’s growth strategy and product development.
You will lead the engineering function with key responsibility including product development and strategic technology leadership.
You will be responsible for the engineering organization that comprises Hardware Engineering for energy storage and power control systems, Data Science and Engineering, Software Engineering, Quality Assurance and Control, Research & Development, Cloud Infrastructure Management, Research & Development, Manufacturing and OEM vendors management.
Required Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
- Excellent understanding of the utility industry, consumer oriented hardware product and experience in evaluating and implementing renewable energy services to customers. Solid understanding of the renewable energy marketplace. Understanding and experience of China contract manufacturing environment.
- Experience in Integration and production.
- Embedded Systems, System on Chip (SoC), Control Systems, IoT, Power systems.
- Experience with Solar Photovoltaic and Power Conversion Systems.
- Micro controller, Micro processor, IoT Protocols- MQTT, COAP, AWS IoT
- Experience of using state of the art R&D best practices (lean development methods)
- Experience of “design to manufacture” practices in electronics products, and to bring new designs all the way to manufacturing, field tests a market launch
- Significant and proven experience of “hands-on” hardware developments of small/medium series B2B electronics products, for industrial applications, including communications (GSM, Lora, IoT protocols), independent power supplies, and low-level embedded software
- Experience in application software (Java, C++, python, databases), and embedded software development ideally including experience in industry protocols (Modbus,IEC 104, 61850, etc.)
- Significant experience of leading and developing an R&D team including multiple technology experts (HW, SW, Big Data, Testing, QA & QC preferably within the energy storage system, ESS, ecosystem with different Lithium chemistry or LFP at the minimum)
- Management and Leadership: Ability to maintain a work environment and develop staff actions and activities with a focus on the future along with a sense of urgency towards current business activities that should align with the anticipated future business climate.
- Prior experience building technology products from ideation and design stages to scaling up
- Your ability to perform work accurately and thoroughly
- You bring a problem-solving mindset to any challenging situation.
- Your ability to comprehend complex technical topics and specialized information
- Collaborative mindset and entrepreneurial spirit
- You deliver against set objectives while operating on some occasions in stressful situations
- You deal with shifting priorities and issues inherent to a high growth organization
- Your ability to communicate both in written and oral presentations
- A university degree and MSc. or equivalent experience
- 12+ years Multinational OEM, R&D experience on a global scale and at least five years in a senior management role
- Develop Arnergy’s Research and Development strategy in line with our mission and goals.
- Take responsibility for P&L, growth plans, approved vendor list and execution for R&D.
- Oversee team budget, allocate resources, and approve spending for the engineering organization.
- Track team goals and performance to ensure targets are met.
- Lead quarterly engineering team evaluations and manage communication and shared goals across all of the engineering team.
- Lead teams in evaluating and sharing business best practices across R&D while providing cost savings and maximizing efficiency.
- Align the Arnergy’s current technology infrastructure with strategic business needs & plans.
- Develop and communicate Arnergy’s technology roadmap to equity investors, executive leadership, staff, partners, customers, the technology community, and external stakeholders.
- Provide exceptional, inspirational leadership and support to the technology teams, as well as strategic leadership across all disciplines as part of the management team.
- Ability to manage a multicultural and global team of technology engineers, partners and managers.
- Serve on the Arnergy Leadership Team and drive to achieve Arnergy’s mission and values.
- Represent technology across Senior Leadership at Arnergy and with key external stakeholders.
- Lead a team of key technology leaders across each pillar of the technology team, including Product Development, Hardware Engineering, R&D, Data, and Software.
- Continue building our high performing, autonomously driven teams of Embedded Systems, Software Engineers, Product and IT Managers who collaboratively develop technology solutions.
- Inspire the creativity and success of cross-functional, adaptable teams.
- Foster innovation to keep our technology and our approach fresh and retain a strong team that is fulfilled by solving tough problems.
- Motivate, develop, and lead technical teams through periods of aggressive growth and through difficult business environments.
- Work with the Founder CEO to drive product vision, product strategy, product design, and product development, with visibility on every element of product development from concept to launch, and post-launch performance.
- Work collaboratively with the Supply Chain and Operations department to ensure product availability and delivery aligns with corporate objectives.
- Monitor changes and advancements in technology to discover ways Arnergy can gain a competitive advantage.
- Drive strategic and innovative thinking to develop a complete technology roadmap for our product(s).
- Guide the hardware team through difficult technical challenges by providing quick and effective decision making.
- Foster a culture of hardware innovation and building Intellectual Property.
- Lead the Quality Assurance (QA) team in developing and implementing strategies on sample testing, component and system testing as well as conducting reliability tests etc.
- Ensure that the QA team is efficiently maintaining test equipment, debugging failures, and investigating quality issues.
- Oversee data provided by the QA team and make executive decisions around recommended changes.
- Lead the team to acquire requisite product certification including TUV, IEC, and quality certifications.
- Ensure products are manufactured, assembled and tested in a temperature controlled lab requisite for long term reliability and performance of products.
- Drive strategic thinking across the entire software and data ecosystem within Arnergy, which consists of proprietary and off-the-shelf services.
- Work collaboratively with software & data leadership to produce infrastructure architecture standards, and policies.
- Monitor changes and advancements in technology to discover ways we can gain a competitive advantage.
- Cultivate external partnerships to enrich our internal software products and maintain focus on core functionality.
- Drive the company’s technology vision and lead all aspects of the company’s technological development, including outsourced partner selection and management.
- Directly manage the existing team of Software and Data Engineers
What we’ll provide
- A globally competitive remuneration package, performance bonus,health insurance.
- A dynamic, innovative, enabling work environment that stimulate creativity.
- An opportunity to work with the brightest mind in the industry.
- A chance to be part of the team that will build Nigeria and Africa’s future.
To apply for this job please visit careers.arnergy.com.