We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
This is a remote, day-shift, position open to candidates living in the Asia-Pacific region. Only candidates currently residing in time zones UTC+8 through UTC+12 will be considered.
As a Technical Support & Enablement Engineer, you’ll craft our customer experience. Pressable is looking to grow our diverse team of individuals with a background in WordPress, the technical knowledge for anything that comes their way, and the determination to get the job done. Our agents establish relationships with our customers by listening to their needs, understanding their problems, and providing tailored solutions.
Your Day Will Involve:
- Interacting with existing and potential customers by responding to WordPress and platform related inquiries through email-based tickets and live chats (10%).
- Writing and maintaining documentation, writing blog posts, and contributing to the community of WordPress support around the globe (50%).
- Deeply diving into WordPress issues for high-touch enterprise clients and agencies (40%).
Being a Technical Support Engineer Requires:
- A solid foundation in WordPress, its inner workings, common issues, community, and proper use cases. You are well-versed in your craft.
- An eagerness to learn and the ability to adapt, allowing you to teach others. You are a lifelong learner.
- You are comfortable working with and solving problems with PHP.
- Excellent writing and communication skills with a passion for taking technical language and making it understandable.
- You are fluent and eloquent in written English.
- Advanced proficiency using the command line (Bash scripting a plus), WP-CLI, and an understanding of the domain name system (DNS), domain registration, and various email setups.
- A willingness to regularly assist with coverage gaps.
- Self-driven work ethic. You are a self-starter who loves taking initiative and seeing things through to completion.
This role can be part time or full time depending on the candidate, but will usually include Sundays. The hours will be business hours (approximately 8 a.m. until 5 p.m.) in the UTC +8/+9/+10/+11/+12 time zones.
- Fully remote
- Unlimited PTO
- Home office benefit
- Technology benefit
- Coworking subsidy
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.