We make the internet better with consultative creative and engineering services, innovative tools, and dependable products that take the pain out of content creation and management, in service of digital experiences that advance business and marketing objectives.
- Solve the difficult systems problems on client servers.
- Work with Team Leads and the Director of Systems Engineering to make hosting recommendations to clients and architect custom cloud solutions.
- Provide expertise on all parts of Linux systems (beyond the PHP code).
- Continually improve the security and reliability of client sites with the latest tactics, tools, and policies developed at 10up.
- Take ownership of our clients’ servers; it is the Systems Engineer’s responsibility to keep everything running smoothly, including patches, upgrades, and capacity planning.
- Provide support across 10up to help engineers solve problems.
- Help shape policy and systems strategy at 10up.
- Experience managing the day-to-day technical needs of a webserver, including scaling, security, and performance.
- Comfort with Linux shell scripting and command-line experience.
- Experience in platform monitoring.
- Familiarity with the leading cloud technologies and best practices.
- Understanding of IP protocols, port interface configurations, and general network knowledge.
- Expertise in Linux, NGINX, Apache, and MySQL configuration and troubleshooting.
- Availability to handle emergencies and support team members in troubleshooting without impacting their ability to deliver on-time for client projects.
Nice to have
- Some PHP and WordPress experience preferred.
- Customer/client support experience.
- Hands-on time with Docker or container orchestration.
- Fluency with configuration management and orchestration systems such as Ansible, Puppet, and Chef.
- Strong ability to learn and apply new/emerging technologies.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, and documentation skills.
- Excellent verbal and written English communication skills, including the ability to communicate clearly with internal teams and customers.
- Being a team player willing to go above and beyond to help others.
- Ability to react quickly and adapt to changes in priorities, circumstances, and direction.
- Remote working experience appreciated.
To apply for this job please visit 10up.com.