We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
This role is highly varied, from systems development, to performance tuning and infrastructure monitoring. You’ll be working on the Ops-side, deploying, monitoring and defending, but also on the Development side – architecting, building and deploying.
If you’re passionate about performance, reliability, and serving billions of web requests per day, we’re excited to chat with you. Some technologies we are currently using: Docker, Nginx, PHP, MySQL, MongoDB, Node.js, Statsd, Graphite, Prometheus, Elasticsearch, Logstash, Hadoop, MogileFS, HDFS, and BGP just to get started.
- Open vacation policy (no set number of days per year). We encourage all employees to take the time they need for vacation, to pursue their own interests, to stay healthy, and to spend time with friends and family.
- Home office setup and coworking allowances. Working from a coffee shop? You can use your coworking allowance for the requisite latte!
- We happily provide or reimburse hardware and software you’ll need, as well as books or conferences that promote continued learning.
- Company-sponsored life insurance.
- Open parental leave (includes maternity, paternity, and adoption). If you’ve been with Automattic for 12 months, your leave is fully paid.
- WordPress-branded laptop at your four-year anniversary. A spiffy set of wireless headphones at your seven-year anniversary.
- Paid two to three-month sabbatical encouraged every five years.
- We cover all costs of company travel, so dust off that passport! Your team will get together one to three times per year in locations around the globe.
- Other benefits are country-specific, and include health, vision, and dental insurance; matching retirement/pension contributions; childcare vouchers; income protection; travel insurance; and discount offers.
To apply for this job please visit wpvip.com.