We make the internet better with consultative creative and engineering services, innovative tools, and dependable products that take the pain out of content creation and management, in service of digital experiences that advance business and marketing objectives.
Senior Team Leads are responsible for managing the successful delivery of client work, project-centric operations, and personnel within a single team. The primary functions include: driving superior outcomes in alignment with established scopes, timelines, and budgets for multiple, concurrent projects; expertly incorporating 10up standards and processes in the delivery of client work; managing personnel assigned to a team; expertly collaborating with discipline directors and the Accounts team to deliver on client expectations; and managing to established production metrics (billable targets, forecasting accuracy, etc.).
- Manage execution of project and task assignments for all direct reports, levelling up individual availability to immediate manager and the Project Resourcing Manager for resolution.
- Serve as the lead project manager on 3 – 6 active client projects. Craft and maintain project plans, schedules, and task break-downs to achieve defined scopes of work.
- Expertly leverage 10up tools, standards, and processes in all client work. Maintain highly collaborative relationships with discipline directors to achieve elite project outcomes.
- Deliver fixed price, retainer, and T&M projects within expected timelines and budgets.
- Demonstrate senior-level consultative value to help clients achieve defined business goals and outcomes.
- Demonstrate senior-level client expectation management across active client work, minimizing delivery-centric escalations to the Accounts team.
- Lead discovery engagements (onsite and remotely) that expertly define cross-discipline project requirements. Translate requirements into comprehensive project approaches/plans that align with established timelines and budgets and can be executed successfully by project teams. Collaborate with Accounts to develop scopes of work following discovery.
- Drive client satisfaction and encourage account growth through repeated project delivery successes, strategic differentiation, and proactive partnership with Accounts to identify and confirm additional work opportunities.
- Maintain a predetermined billable utilization, typically between 26-30 hours / week (65-75%).
- Directly manage 7 – 9 production team members (typically engineers and designers) in the delivery of client work and in alignment with established production metrics.
- Conduct regular one on ones (once a week) with direct reports with an emphasis on continuously improving project approaches and outcomes as well as an individual’s overall performance.
- Mentor and advance project management talent assigned to the team.
- Provide regular verbal and written feedback to direct reports, celebrating successes and clearly defining any misalignments with expectations. Escalate thematic or recurring performance issues to immediate manager for resolution.
- Review / approve PTO requests for all direct reports and ensure project delivery schedules / resourcing are adjusted accordingly.
- Contribute to the compilation and delivery of performance reviews for all direct reports.
- Contribute to Performance Improvement Plans (PIPs) for direct reports as necessary.
- Proactively maintain accurate forecasts using established resource forecasting tools for all active client work.
- Perform weekly timesheet reviews for all direct reports, identifying and reporting on areas of concern such as billability, excessive weekly burn, and / or inaccurate / poor time entries.
- Monitor billable performance for all production personnel and collaborate with direct manager to align individuals with established targets.
- Collaborate with Financial Manager to prepare invoices for all assigned project work.
- Senior-level production understanding of 10up’s core services and ability to leverage these disciplines to deliver successful outcomes. A demonstrated understanding of the WordPress platform is also required.
- Excellent application of 10up processes, standards, and tools at the team level.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, both internally and externally.
- 4+ years of project management experience delivering full scope web projects for enterprise clients, ideally in an agency environment.
- Demonstrated ability to lead high-performing, cross-discipline teams.
- PMI, scrum certification, or equivalent experience.
Nice to have
- Familiarity with Google Apps, Teamwork, 10,000ft, and Harvest.
- Experience working with enterprise clients.
- Remote working experience.
To apply for this job please visit 10up.com.