We enable & equip innovators & disruptors by providing access to real-time financial data
Who we are
At Okra, we are launching the tool that will usher in the 5th generation of FinTech in Africa. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without the right infrastructure (data). Essentially, how far the African Fintech industry can grow is intrinsically tied with the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data.
We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
You’ll be the individual helping us to achieve this vision. You’ll help build, scale, and design the next generation of Okra’s product infrastructure. We are looking for engineers who are motivated by creating impact for our consumers and customers, growing together as a team, shipping the MVP, and leaving things better than we found them.
- Deep knowledge of client-side languages and frameworks such as ReactJS.
- Knowledge of different server-side frameworks such as Node JS.
- Deep Knowledge of designing RESTful APIs as microservices, SAML/OAuth/OIDC.
- Knowledge of NOSQL databases such as MongoDB.
- Working knowledge of Relational databases (MySQL, Postgres).
- Knowledge of frontend and backend testing frameworks (e.g. JUnit, Selenium, Jest, Karma etc.)
- Familiarity with Agile methodology and Scrum framework for managing processes.
- Proficiency in managing software projects in Git.
- Experience working on remote and distributed teams.
- Open to travel to Africa
To apply for this job please visit okra.bamboohr.com.