Andela is an engineering-as-a-service business that helps companies build remote teams quickly and cost-effectively.
What You’ll Bring
All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
- Deep knowledge of at least one front-end framework — React, Angular, Vue as well as experience with responsive design interface development
- Extensive experience with architecture and design principles, building to consider maintainability, performance, security requirements, and impact.
- Working knowledge of at least one complementary front-end languages/frameworks (ex: React, Angular, Vue )
- Deep understanding of fundamental database concepts – relational (SQL) database, non-relational (NoSQL) database, ORMs/ODMs and Web storage API (front end)
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Comfort with at least one web server technology — (ex: Apache, Nginx)
- Comfort working within at least one cloud hosting platform –(ex: AWS, GCP)
- Working knowledge of tools and editors— (ex: Grunt, Sublime, Atom, JSLint)
- Measured experience with unit, integration, e2e and UI testing, with at least one relevant testing framework
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Working knowledge of software engineering collaboration tools (Ex: Git, Jira)
- Familiarity with containerization infrastructure and orchestration
- Awareness of the capabilities of applicable languages/frameworks/libraries as well as the inherent differences between them in order to understand trade-offs and make recommendations.
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.