Andela is an engineering-as-a-service business that helps companies build remote teams quickly and cost-effectively.
What You’ll Bring
All Andela engineers go above and beyond. To find out more about additional suggested competencies, check out our engineer framework.
A minimum of 5-10 years of professional experience, during which you’ve built deep technical expertise and exercised ownership on various technical teams.
- Deep understanding of fundamental database concepts – relational (SQL) database, non-relational (NoSQL) database and ORMs/ODMs
- Strong knowledge of at least one cloud hosting platform (Ex: AWS, GCP)
- Comfort with at least one CI/CD tool (Ex: Jenkins, Travis)
- Working knowledge of containerization and orchestration techniques
- Deep understanding of applicable unit and integration testing, and testing frameworks/libraries
- Strong ability to problem-solve, debug, and understand pertinent performance metrics
- Comfort working within agile methodologies and experienced in estimation and time management
- Awareness of the capabilities of applicable languages/frameworks/libraries as well as the inherent differences between them in order to understand trade-offs and make recommendations.
- Working knowledge of software engineering collaboration tools
- Strong preference for test-driven-development (TDD) and understands its importance
- Working knowledge of code editor and formatting tools
- Comfort with at least one web server technology — (ex: Apache, Nginx)
What You’ll Get
- Full-time compensation
- Full medical coverage
- Lunch and snacks provided daily
- Beautiful working environment
- Opportunity to work with the brightest minds inside and outside of your field
- A chance to change the world for the better
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.