Migo is a cloud-based platform that enables companies to offer credit to their consumer and small business customers.
Hard Skills Required
- 5+ years of experience modeling credit risk in Nigeria.
- Strong ability to draw insights from data.
- Experience building and maintaining credit policies.
- Experience managing and interacting with credit committees in financial institutions.
- Ability to design and test new pricing and credit strategies.
- Manage and stress test the profitability of the portfolio.
- Experience with retail scorecards and stress testing.
- Detailed understanding of IFRS 9 compliance.
- Hands-on ERP and Excel skills; ability to modify every cell of a spreadsheet.
- Data science background and experience with machine-learned credit models.
- Strong understanding of data, and computational skills such as SQL, Python, VBA.
- High level of written and oral communication in English.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, startup environment.
- Strong understanding of financial services in emerging markets.
- Statistics / hypothesis testing
- Credit score design (feature engineering)
- Experience working with data science teams, with understanding of how data science works
- Analytics (querying & creating dashboards)
Soft Skills Required
- Sharp, meticulous, detailed, relentless, and thoughtful.
- Excellent analytical, reasoning and problem-solving skills.
- Clear and concise communicator who can articulate ideas to a wide range of stakeholders, both financial and non-financial.
- Seek to understand opposing points of view before offering your own.
- Make data-driven arguments to influence the thinking of others.
- Pragmatic so you frequently see multiple ways of solving problems and are acutely able to discuss the trade-offs therein.
- Empathetic, self-aware and respect all cultures.
- You have great time management skills and can be effective working from home.
- Lead the reporting and monitoring required for managing portfolio risk.
- Work with the data science, finance, and product teams to evaluate credit models for borrowers.
- Work with multiple stakeholders to monitor, detect, and prosecute fraud incidents.
- Monitor and manage exposures at borrower, channel, product, and portfolio level.
- Help build and maintain credit risk policies approved by the credit committee.
- Communicate requirements to data science team for risk model development.
- Help set up experiments to test and monitor credit risk models.
- Analyze potential impact of various risk model proposals.
- Help design experiments with sufficient power to rapidly optimize parameters.
- Monitor and design fraud alerts.
- Help maintain and improve KYC policy.
- Medical / Dental / Vision – coverage of health premiums for spouse and dependents
- 12 week paternity / maternity leave
- Remote work policy to avoid Lagos commute
To apply for this job please visit jobs.lever.co.