We enable & equip innovators & disruptors by providing access to real-time financial data
Who we are
At Okra, we are launching the tool that will usher in the 5th generation of FinTech in Africa. Our thesis is simply the fact that — financial innovation cannot exist without the right infrastructure (data). Essentially, how far the African Fintech industry can grow is intrinsically tied with the success of an infrastructure like Okra.
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Design team is responsible for delighting our customers and enhancing our end-user experience. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our design team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
You’ll be the individual helping us to achieve this vision. Your focus will be to run a divergent exploratory process, taking into account how our clients use our range of products and how our end-users interact with their finances.
The successful candidate will:
- Solve the problem of millions of end users.
- Regularly talk to customers and users.
- Produce high quality, pixel perfect work and delightful interactions.
- Regularly present work and share feedback with other designers.
- Collaborate with engineering and business teams on all aspects of product development.
- Occasionally produce designs for print.
- A diverse portfolio with strong examples of product and interaction work.
- The visual skills and desire to delight the user and deliver a world class experience.
- The ability to advocate for, and be a strong representative of design.
- A strong penchant for utilising user research and metrics to guide design decisions.
- A divergent exploratory process.
- Proficiency with Sketch, Adobe Creative Suite, and industry standard prototyping tools.
- 3-5 years experience creating and shipping software.
- Excellent communication and writing skills.
To apply for this job please visit okra.bamboohr.com.