Tuteria helps you connect with qualified tutors in your area to master the subjects, skills and exams that matter to you.
At Tuteria, we’re driven by a mission to make quality personalized education accessible to everyone. We help learners connect with the best teachers and educational content, while also empowering people to earn income by teaching what they love.
Though we’ve had some early successes, we believe we can transform the way millions of people teach, learn and access education in Africa and beyond – and that we will achieve this by working with talented people who want to make a change in education and giving them the space, resources and support to do the best work of their lives.
About the Senior Product Designer Role
Tuteria is looking for an experienced UX/UI Designer to help create extraordinary designs, interfaces and experiences for our web and mobile apps. We believe great design is central to building products and experiences that are easy to use, easy to understand, and that build trust with our customers.
As the UX/UI Designer, you will be at the forefront of product development, working alongside the Product and Engineering team to implement research-driven designs. You will also be working alongside other teams to design creative interfaces on a per need basis.
This is a full-time role in our Gbagada office in Lagos. We’re also open to a partial remote arrangement.
What you’ll be doing
• Translate ideas and concepts into user flows, wireframes, mockups and prototypes that lead to intuitive user experiences.
• Facilitate product vision by researching, conceiving, sketching, prototyping and user-testing experiences for digital products.
• Design and deliver wireframes, user stories, user journeys, and mockups optimized for a wide range of devices and interfaces.
• Identify design problems and devise elegant solutions.
• Build and maintain UI asset libraries and knowledgebases for all company designs, standards and learnings
• Implementing metrix and processes to continuously measure and improve user experiences
• Make strategic design and user-experience decisions related to core, and new, functions and features.
• Take a user-centered design approach and rapidly test and iterate your designs.
• Collaborate with other team members and stakeholders to ensure the creation and delivery of tailored experiences for the digital user.
What it’ll take to succeed
• are a self-starter, self-motivated, able to work independently and manage multiple projects under minimal supervision, and able to conceptualize and design ideas from start to finish.
• have a penchant for pixel-perfect designs. You’re a lover of art and beauty. You detest complexity or chaos, and love making things simple and organized.
• are empathetic and care deeply about how your designs make people feel. You care about how people feel when they use Tuteria.
• are keen on details and open to receiving feedback and constructive criticism no matter how small.
• are passionate about all things UX and other areas of design and innovation. Research and showcase knowledge in the industry’s latest trends and technologies.
• understanding the importance of user-centered design and are passionate about solving user pain points through great design.
• can clearly and effectively communicate design processes, ideas, and solutions to teams, engineers and customers.
• have natural creative and artistic abilities, you love solving problems, and can illustrate your ideas clearly on paper.
You should have:
• Two or more years of UX design experience.
• A solid grasp of user-centered design (UCD), planning and conducting user research, user testing, A/B testing, rapid prototyping, heuristic analysis, usability and accessibility concerns.
• Expert-level proficiency in using standard UX software such as Figma, Sketch, InVision, UXPin, Balsamiq and/or Framer
• Extensive experience in using UX design best practices to design solutions, and a deep understanding of mobile-first and responsive design.
• Ability to iterate designs and solutions quickly, efficiently and intelligently.
• Ability to work effectively in a team setting including synthesizing abstract ideas into concrete design implications.
• Strong product mindset and willingness to collaborate with product, engineering, marketing and operations teams to shape the product and design.
• Impressive portfolio of design projects across web and mobile applications
While this isn’t required, it’ll be a plus if you have:
• background in Human-Centered Design, UI/UX Design, Computer Science, Engineering or a related field
• basic skills in motion graphics (After Effects, Flash, Final Cut Pro) and vector illustration
What we offer:
At Tuteria, we believe people who do great work deserve great support. Here are some of the benefits of joining our team:
• ₦200,000 – ₦250,000 monthly salary
• Comprehensive medical insurance
• Annual learning development stipend
• 10 days of paid leave excluding public holidays
• Up to 12 weeks of paid maternity / paternity leave
• Company pension contribution
• Housing / relocation assistance if needed
• Stock options for exceptional teammates
To apply for this job please visit www.tuteria.com.