Curacel's mission is to change that by making it easy and pleasant to get risk protection anywhere, especially in emerging markets. We are doing this by building infrastructure.
Curacel’s mission is to change that by making it easy and pleasant to get risk protection anywhere, especially in emerging markets. We are doing this by building infrastructure.
Since 2019, our claims platform has allowed 600+ hospitals and 10+ insurers from several African nations to speed up claims processing by 70%, saving insurers 25% of previously lost revenue, that they can allocate to creating more inclusive products.
🏆 The Objective We Need your help to achieve
Be the most recognized innovative insure-tech brand in Africa
How you’ll help us achieve it
Day-to-day, you will be working as a core member of the product/engineering team as well as closely with stakeholders across customer success and sales teams.
- Design and carry out the full-stack implementation of required product features with well-designed and testable code.
- Deploy developed features to production without downtimes or undesired side effects.
- Build new integrations between our claims platform and various 3rd party enterprise applications.
- Lead and mentor less-experienced members of the engineering team.
- Participate in design, code, and production-readiness reviews.
- Partake in the development of other new and exciting products.
- Debug production issues across our products.
What it takes to succeed at this role
- You have strong design and problem solving skills.
- You have good understanding of Domain Driven Design and OOP principles.
- You are innovative, push technical boundaries, and are excited to solve problems that have never been solved before.
- You can self manage, and effectively communicate with team members and stakeholders.
- You’re the kind of person who is eager and willing to learn a skill you don’t possess but is required to complete a task to get it done.
- You have a high level of self-motivation and a drive for self-development.
- You want to work in a fast-paced startup environment to build an exciting product
- Finally, you are a “Doer” with knowledge transfer skills
Our Tech Stack
The more familiarity you have with our tech stack, the better! The technologies that we use include, but are not limited to:
- PHP, Laravel
- VueJs, AngularJs
- React Native
- MySql, MS SQL
- AWS & GCP (nice to have)
- Docker, k8s (nice to have)
- We are a team of 15-odd engineers, customer success, & people ops professionals
- Each quarter, we go on a 2-day retreat together.
- We’re backed by world-class investors including Consonance Investment Managers, Atlantica Ventures, KeppleVC, Startupbootcamp
- We are young and ambitious, We are passionate and missionary,
- We work hard cos 🥷🏽🦾🤓✊🏽
Our Recruitment Process
- Actual Coding Test (Could be Take home or Online )
- 2/3 Interviews
- Location: Our company is 100% remote. You can be based anywhere in Africa (within 2hrs of GMT preferably)
- This is a permanent position and reports to the CTO
- Our salaries are competitive and are determined using a transparent framework.
To apply for this job please visit curacel.welcomekit.co.