Bincom is a fast-growing organization. Inherently youthful by Nature, we are only able to work with: Forward-thinking individuals with a passion for learning outside the box
We are looking for Information Technology (IT) Intern + Project Assistant to work with our software development team.
This is a 6 months – 1 year internship position with a prospect to be converted to an Associate position upon successful completion and a strong performance assessment.
Following an initial intense training programme, successful candidates will be assigned to our various project teams to assist in the conception, development and support of software solutions.
This position is suitable for students currently seeking a place to undertake their Industrial Attachment Training (6 months or 1 year). It is also suitable for Fresh Graduates, NYSC Corpers seeking a Place of Primary Assignment, Post NYSC job seekers and who are passionate about building a career in Technology.
About the Role:
- To support the Project Manager and Project officers in the delivery of several distinct projects which require an enthusiastic, highly motivated individual who can work autonomously and as part of a team.
- The Project Assistant will be required to work with a variety of stakeholders within and outside the organisation.
- The ideal candidate will need to assist to deliver effective, highly competent project support and consistently deliver in a person-centred environment which promotes positive relationships.
- Responsible for assisting the PM with the development of properly formatted specifications/work items and estimates containing all required technical information and project delivery information.
- Will assist the project managers in their key role of working as a liaison among Internal and External stakeholders including clients in order to understand the structure, policies, and operations of an organization, and to recommend solutions.
The ideal candidate will assist in all or some of the following:
- Track project deliverables using appropriate tools
- Constantly monitor and report on progress of the project to all stakeholders
- Present reports defining project progress, problems and solutions
- Implement and manage project changes and interventions to achieve project outputs
- Handle requests for information and data
- Prepare written responses to routine enquiries
- Minute taking
- Schedule and coordinate meetings, appointments
- Prepare agendas for meetings and prepare schedules
- Contribute to the work of the organisation as appropriate.
Qualifications and Requirements
- Tech Savvy with a Passion for IT
- Past experience in IT Business Analysis and/or IT Project management is required (Informal / Pre-Graduation but VERIFIABLE experience will suffice)
- Good verbal and written communication skills
- Social Media and Visual Content Enthusiast.
- Documentation and Administrative Skills
- Ability to learn new skills fast
Experience, Skills & Personal Competencies
- Very strong knowledge of Microsoft Packages (or similar) – Word,
- Outlook, Excel, Powerpoint, Projects, Publisher, Databases, etc
- Working in an office environment
- Working with clients and the public (face to face or telephone)
- Working in a high pressure team
- Report writing Skills
- Ability to prioritize workload and adjust to the needs
- Good organisational and communication skills
- Accuracy / attention to detail
- Critical Thinking & Problem Solving
- Communication Skills
- Social media skills
- Time Management
- Applicants must have a passion for IT
- A can-do attitude
- Innovative & creative
- Have good interpersonal skills and ability to work as part of a team
- Ability to work under pressure
- Enthusiastic and flexible
- Able to use own initiative
Accepted persons will be given an automatic FULL scholarship to a relevant Bincom Academy Class. A certificate of participation in a Bincom Academy class (or equivalent prior knowledge of the same) is required to be considered for an Internship placement.
As part of your cover letter, you must answer the following question:
Develop a high level proposal for a mobile app that you believe has/will change the world. Hint:Use any technology product that already exist.(Use Power Point or Similar)
To apply for this job please visit bincom.net.