The Wikimedia Foundation is... ...the nonprofit organization that hosts and operates Wikipedia and the other Wikimedia free knowledge projects.
Wikimedia is looking for an experienced and collaborative Product Manager for our Search team, to help build features that enable our communities to achieve our vision: a world in which every single human being can freely share in the sum of all knowledge.
Product Managers at Wikipedia work with researchers, engineers and designers to build features, products and services used by a billion people around the world. This is an opportunity to ‘do good’ while having a high level of impact on a large-scale media property.
As a Product Manager, you will
- Ideate and develop new search products and experiences to enable the world to discover and consume information and participate in information production
- Work with a highly talented team of engineers and designers to define, design, and build features that delight users
- Understand the needs of users in order to prioritize new features and product enhancements for the development team
- Release early and often, getting feedback from users to help improve features
- Use both qualitative and quantitative methods to measure the impact of features
- Make a difference in the world!
Skills and Experience
- Experience managing search and information retrieval features for a consumer-facing web property
- Understanding of relevance, ranking and machine learning technologies and their application to user browsing and search features
- Solid data analysis experience, particularly dealing with large corpora of unstructured or semi-structured text; able to understand the evaluation and quality measurement needs of search systems at scale
- Experience working on multilingual search needs and natural language technology relevant to search
- Experience owning recommendations or other relevance features
- Experience working in an agile software development environment
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Passion for participatory (vs. read-only) experiences on the web
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent in relevant work experience
Additionally, we’d love it if you have
- Experience with knowledge graph search, knowledge modeling, or topic modeling for information retrieval applications
- Experience interacting with free and open-source software projects and communities
- Experience editing Wikipedia or contributing to other wiki projects
*Eligible international workers’ benefits are specific to their location and dependent on their employer of record
To apply for this job please visit boards.greenhouse.io.