We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
Let‘s talk about you. The Quality Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Deeply understand test methodologies, such as functional, integration, regression, globalization, localization, and performance testing.
- Have experience crafting and maintaining reliable test automation suites that run as part of the project CI and/or nightly build system.
- Are familiar with mobile testing, both iOS and Android.
- Are disciplined, with an eye for detail, and have excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Triage efficiently, prioritizing issues by the highest impact and scope. You know how to get the right bugs fixed.
- Are comfortable in a collaborative, agile, and distributed development environment.
- Are unabashedly customer focused.
- Are an evangelist for quality who is willing to spread proven methodologies and quality mindset to the rest of the engineering org. You are always looking for a better way to do things.
- Can quickly assimilate whatever technologies are needed for a project.
- Have the ability to objectively evaluate overall release quality and advise on go/no-go decisions.
- Are highly collaborative, love participating in code reviews, and discussions about architecture or design.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet up with your teammates in person.
- WordPress programming experience.
- Open source contributions or contributions to programs designed to help underrepresented people enter the tech field.
- Are thoughtful about product design, with good user experience instincts.
These are exciting times at Automattic and you’ll have a unique opportunity to shape the future of our products. Join us! We look forward to hearing from you.
To apply for this job please visit automattic.com.