We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
We are the company behind WordPress.com, Jetpack, WooCommerce and Tumblr. We are looking for someone to join a team of data scientists and software engineers to build, deploy, and iterate on applications involving time series analysis, machine learning, natural language processing and/or search.
What have we worked on recently?
We help our users to create powerful sites with ease and enable our colleagues to support our users. Our completed and ongoing projects include
- Elfbot – a machine learning project to automatically tag chat transcripts from our live chat user support.
- Automated anomaly detection on business and user data.
- A new Jetpack Search experience with instant search and improved relevance.
- A generalized machine learning pipeline to build audiences for marketing and engagement.
How do we work?
- We’re kind to each other and our users – we strive to build a positive, supportive, and inclusive culture of cohesive teams focused on delivering value to our customers.
- We work as a global and distributed workforce resulting in a unique way of working built around our creed.
- We offer flexible work arrangements allowing our team members to work when they feel best.
- We welcome collaboration, and you can be involved in any discussion across our many communication channels.
Enough about us, let‘s talk more about you. The Machine Learning Engineer position might be a good fit if you:
- Have hands-on experience in building and deploying data-intensive applications to production. You care about building reliable and testable infrastructure and pipelines. Familiarity with the Hadoop ecosystem and cloud computing services like AWS and GCP will be advantageous.
- Are motivated to propose technical solutions, own software architecture, evaluate technologies and infrastructure, or develop technical roadmaps for future applications.
- Have a demonstrated interest in understanding machine learning techniques and workflows like data preprocessing, feature extraction, and training and evaluation of classification and regression models.
- Bring programming skills in multiple programming languages and paradigms. You are likely to encounter Python, PHP, Scala, and SQL in this role and the idea of using them on a regular basis should not be a blocker for you.
- Are familiar with professional software engineering methods and standards such as coding conventions, code reviews, continuous integration, build processes, testing, and operations.
- Are open and able to travel 3-4 weeks per year to meet your teammates in person. We hold an annual all-company meeting every year, and meet up with our teams for a week once or twice per year.
Like all positions at Automattic, you’ll work remotely, and can be based wherever you live.
To apply for this job please visit automattic.com.