We are focused on solving some of Africa’s biggest challenges in Identity, Education, Payment and Data for People and Businesses.
We are looking for an exceptional and ambitious IT Support engineer who would want to take part in creating, managing and maintaining our IT infrastructure. This role is ideal for somebody who is passionate about building, maintaining and managing IT infrastructure, and who wants to use their skills to have a real impact on a service used by the entire organization. We are looking for an individual who wants to get an early start in our IT support team yet is also self-motivated.
As an IT Support Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Allocation and maintenance of IT equipment.
- Manage all server infrastructure
- Manage all network, including switches, routers and wireless access points infrastructure
- Manage VoIP infrastructure based on Asterisk
- Liaise with internet service provider and maintain agreed SLA by monitoring and tracking
- Liaise with all other service providers and suppliers to guarantee quality service delivery
- Troubleshooting of all IT related equipment such as PCs, wireless handheld devices, printers and other end user devices.
- Responsible for the RMA and repair process for all devices under warranty.
- Clearly and regularly communicate with management and technical support colleagues
- Recommend improvements to existing IT support systems
You’d be a good fit if:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science – an advantage
- Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively
- Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of both client and business
- Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary
- Strong attention to detail
- Fluent in English with excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to work independently – accountable for your own actions and able to act with both urgency and integrity.
- Understanding of basic computer/network concepts and terms
- Experience in Microsoft Office applications including but not limited to MS Word, Excel, Power Point, and Outlook
- Willingness to work flexible shifts and schedule including weekends, nights, and holidays
- Must be highly self-motivated and customer-centric
- Experience troubleshooting PCs, scanners, and portable handheld terminals
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining laser printers.
- Experience troubleshooting and maintaining wireless and Ethernet networks.
- Inventory management skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills. Comfortable communicating in person and via phone/radio with peers, managers, and vendors.
- Network + Certification or equivalent experience/knowledge
- A+ Certified or equivalent experience/knowledge
- 3-5 years of experience working in a production environment
- Ability to manage multiple customer requests simultaneously
- Ability to prioritize work based on department and production objectives
- Ability to use the following – Ubuntu, MacOS, Android Studio, Meraki Systems Manager, Microsoft Office
- Tools, Google Apps, Email Directory & Authentication servers, Ethernet & TCP/IP, Routers, switches and modems
Languages & Tools to be comfortable with:
- Ubuntu, MacOS
- Android Studio
- Meraki Systems Manager
- Microsoft Office Tools
- Google Apps
- Email Directory & Authentication servers
- Ethernet & TCP/IP
- Routers, switches and modems
To apply for this job please visit softcom.ng.