Our mission is to organize the world’s information and make it universally accessible and useful.
About the job
As a member of Google’s Government Affairs and Public Policy team, you’ll be part of a diverse global government affairs team, working across regions, product areas, and functions. You’ll combine creativity and intellectual rigor with the organizational skills to manage various campaigns, projects and initiatives. In this role, you’ll advocate for Google to bring external perspectives back into the company to inform our perception and direction. You’re passionate about the opportunity to shape the future of how we use and build technology for everyone.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience.
- Experience working with or in government, politics, or a regulatory agency in Nigeria.
- Experience engaging directly with politicians, decision makers, academia, think tanks, business associations and NGOs.
- Knowledge of the Pan African regional blocks such as Africa Union and ECOWAS.
- Knowledge of technology innovation, content regulation, privacy, safety, and data protection.
- Ability to identify opportunities and areas for improvement, and to operate in a fast-paced environment.
- Ability to write well and translate complex issues into simple language that non experts can understand.
- Ability to exercise good judgment in a rapidly changing
- and sometimes stressful environment.
- Strong collaboration skills.
- Engage directly with Nigerian policymakers, industry players and key opinion formers to shape policy and political dialogue on thoughtful, responsible technology policy and the beneficial impact it can contribute to society and economy.
- Develop and execute advocacy/policy campaigns in relevant policy areas that impact Google and the web.
- Engage with trade associations, industry partners, NGOs and others to support policies that will help create/maintain the web open.
- Monitor and research current and relevant emerging public policy issues considering how Google should work with allied organizations and industries.
To apply for this job please visit careers.google.com.