We enable & equip innovators & disruptors by providing access to real-time financial data
It’s an amazing time to join Okra. Our Engineering team is responsible for building tools and infrastructure to gather, analyze, and visualize financial data. We believe the way millions of people interact with their finances will change over time, and our Engineering team will be at the forefront of creating that experience.
You’ll be the person helping us achieve this vision. Your focus will be to grow our Engineering team, and partner with our product managers and engineers to build and maintain our core integrations. This is the most mission-critical component of our infrastructure. You’ll work closely with our CEO/CTO to build an organisational structure and processes that scale as we continue to grow.
The successful candidate will:
- Recruit, grow and enable an incredible team of driven engineers who have high expectations around craft, ownership and impact.
- Foster a collaborative culture that embodies our principles and empowers users.
- Mentor and develop a team of engineers; supporting their goal setting and career growth.
- Deliver world-class results, while continuously challenging yourself and your team to “make it better”
- Work with other engineer managers and functional leads to set direction for your team, the engineering department, and Plaid as a whole.
- Craft a thoughtful, long-term technical strategy that anticipates future needs.
What you’ll need:
- 5+ years of engineering management experience, leading teams of around 10 engineers.
- Significant experience as a software engineer.
- Willingness to roll your sleeves up and code when needed.
- Enterprise level MERN stack experience.
- Passion for cultivating highly functioning teams and organizations.
- A record of levelling up your reports and providing individuals with meaningful opportunities for growth.
- Excitement for recruiting and a thoughtful approach to headcount planning.
- Experience building teams during a hyper-growth phase a huge plus.
- Experience leading remote and distributed teams.
To apply for this job please visit okra.bamboohr.com.