GitLab is an open core company which develops software for the software development lifecycle used by more than 100,000 organizations and has an active community of more than 2200 contributors.
As a Digital Experience Designer/Developer you will work closely with product marketing, content marketing, and other members of the Marketing team. This role will be part of the Marketing Design team and report directly to the CMO.
- Develop & maintain a top-notch user experience across all of these properties through A/B testing and data-driven design.
- Research, design, and implement concepts that increase engagement and conversion.
- Define personas, user flows, design systems and style guides, and front-end framework(s) to drive efficiency and consistency in our user experience.
- 6+ years experience specializing in web and user experience design.
- A professional portfolio demonstrating a strong background in web, UX, and visual design solutions across devices and media channels (candidates without a portfolio will not be considered).
- Experience leading user experience research and design initiatives.
- Thorough knowledge of digital design principles, mobile and responsive design, and web development best practices.
- Strong knowledge of Adobe CC and prototyping tools (e.g. Figma, Sketch, etc.)
- Experience with conversion design, running A/B tests and funnel optimization.
- You use research and best practices to create, validate, and present your ideas to project stakeholders.
- Obsessive over the details and creating thoughtful and intuitive experiences.
- Able to iterate quickly and embrace feedback from many perspectives.
- Strong understanding of information architecture, interaction design, and user-centred design best practices.
- Understanding of Git and comfortable using the command line.
- A track record of being self-motivated and delivering on time.
- Candidates in Americas timezones will be preferred.
- Ability to use GitLab
- Able to pitch in on other design efforts; i.e. branding, illustration, swag, social ad campaigns, digital publications, etc.
- Familiarity with SaaS marketing a plus.
- Familiarity with GitLab or similar software a plus.
- Experience working in a fully or partially remote company.
- Agile experience a plus.
- Experience with vendor management a plus.
- Design System experience a plus.
- Motion graphics expertise a plus.
- Familiarity with Federal Usability Standards and 508 Accessibility Compliance a plus.
- Basic Ruby knowledge; our website is built on Middleman using HAML.
To apply for this job please visit about.gitlab.com.