We are the people behind WordPress.com, WooCommerce, Jetpack, Simplenote, Longreads, VaultPress, Akismet, Gravatar, Crowdsignal, Cloudup, Tumblr, and more. We believe in making the web a better place.
Here’s what you’ll be doing:
- You’ll increase the number of developers building on and for WooCommerce.
- You’ll measure and improve the reputation of, and sentiment surrounding, WooCommerce within the community.
- You’ll actively increase engagement between Automattic and the WooCommerce developer community.
- You’ll encourage adoption and acceptance of new and key technologies including Gutenberg, APIs, and WooCommerce Admin, by the community.
Broadly speaking, your day-to-day will look like this:
- You will actively engage with WooCommerce developers through participating authentically in face to face events (such as meetups, conferences, and hackathons) and social channels (StackOverflow, Facebook groups, community Slack).
- You’ll contribute to documentation (including client libraries, API examples, reference implementations, demo videos and more) and technical marketing material (email newsletters, webinars, etc in partnership with our Marketing team).
- You will solicit and collect feedback from all channels and bring it back inside Automattic to make it an actionable and visible ingredient in our product development process.
- You’ll engage with and educate developers on major initiatives around WooCommerce.
- You will track and improve important health indicators. This might include the size of the developer community, the adoption of specific initiatives, and general sentiment amongst our community.
- You have prior experience in a similar developer relations/advocacy role.
- You’re adept at communicating technical concepts to a variety of audiences.
- You possess excellent written English communication skills, and a passion to use those skills in an educational setting.
- You are a self-starter, and very independent. In our distributed work culture, it’s important that everyone operates autonomously.
As part of our core development team, you will collaborate with multiple teams internally. You’ll represent the voice of external developers in all aspects of WooCommerce’s future.
To apply for this job please visit automattic.com.