Lidya is a USA holding financial institution that provides access to credit and finance across frontier and emerging markets.
We are looking for a passionate Data Scientist. The successful candidate will turn data into information, information into insight and insight into business decisions. The Data Scientist position will work closely with the senior management team and will be responsible for importing, transforming, validating or modeling data with the purpose of understanding or drawing conclusions from the data in order to drive clinical and operational decision-making.
The data Scientist’s responsibilities may include presenting data in charts, graphs and tables as well as designing and developing relational databases for collecting data.
Key Duties and Responsibilities:
- Process and prepare financial and business forms for the purpose of checking account balances, facilitating purchases, etc.
- Perform routine calculations to produce analyses and reports as requested by the finance director
- Help oversee and manage individual accounts
- Create, send, and follow up on invoices
- Review and adhere to department budgets
- Collect and enter data for various financial spreadsheets
- Review and audit financial statements and reports, ensure all calculations and data entries are correct
- Reconcile any discrepancies or errors identified by conversing with employees and/or clients
- Report any troubling discoveries or suspicion of wrongdoing to the proper authorities
- Collect information for and prepare payroll payments for employees
- Assist the financial director in creating financial reports on a regular basis
- Adhere to the company’s or organisation’s financial policies and procedures
- Answers question and provide assistance to stakeholders, customers, and clients as needed
- Attend finance department and company-wide meetings, sometimes assisting with financial reporting to managers and senior executives
- Suggest changes or improvements to increase accuracy, efficiency, and cost reductions.
Desired Qualifications and Skillset:
- 3 to 5 years+ of experience working with an Investment Bank, Management Consulting Firm or in an advanced degree course with heavy math and/or statistics requirements.
- Technical expertise regarding data models, database design development, data mining and segmentation techniques.
- Knowledge of statistics and experience using statistical packages for analyzing datasets (Excel, SPSS, SAS etc).
- Attention to Detail: The conclusions drawn from your data analysis will drive critical departmental initiatives. Accuracy and attention to detail are paramount.
- Analytical Skills: Strong analytical skills with the ability to collect, organize, analyze, and disseminate significant amounts of information with attention to detail and accuracy.
- Math Skills: Deep understanding of basic statistical methods.
- Bachelor’s degree in finance, accounting, statistics, mathematics, engineering, computer science, information management, investments or a related business discipline (MBA, CPA, or CFA is a plus).
To apply for this job please visit www.lidya.co.