Website Black Pen Recruitment
We provide our clients and applicants with the best personal solution to enable their dreams in the country of their choice.
Do you have software development experience? Do you have previous experience in the FinTech, Cryptocurrency or Startup industries? Then we have the opportunity for you!
Our client, an American based remote company, is looking to hire a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) located within Africa, to join their exciting remote team. They are one of the first movers in bringing Cryptocurrency to the masses in Africa and the Middle East.
As a Chief Technology Officer (CTO) you will make an extremely high impact on a small, fast scaling team. You’ll have the ability to help build a product used by thousands of people with taking full ownership of the product. They are looking for someone who has experience not only with their tech stack in a successful SaaS company, but also with agile methodologies and web development.
Top candidates are clear communicators who are highly self-motivated; have an entrepreneurial and business development background who are eager to collaborate, exchange knowledge, apply new skills and pitch in for whatever the team needs to ship new code. Previous experience within starts-up, fintech or cryptocurrency industries is highly preferred.
- 3+ Previous experience as Chief Technology officer (CTO) within financial markets
- Previous experience in the FinTech, cryptocurrency or start up industry required
- Solid experience with Vue.JS, NodeJS and Flutter
- Previous experience as Senior Full Stack Developer within financial markets
- Experience in a software development environment, with capability in back-end development and/or depth of experience with at least one modern front-end framework (React, Vue , AngularJS, etc.)
- Experience working in AWS, with a strong desire to further one’s skills
- Experience driving technical projects, prioritizing work, identifying dependencies, facilitating technical decisions and cross-functional team discussions
- Experienced in designing and implementing application architectures and code that are highly scalable, available, maintainable, and performant
- Ability to work independently while also putting an emphasis on mentorship of those around you
- Comfortable collaborating closely with product managers and designers, providing estimates or product ideas that will influence your team’s roadmap
- Being a thoughtful communicator—some teams are partially or fully distributed so effective written communication is key
- Set technical direction and own the architecture and implementation of features
- Provide guidance and assist in helping knock down walls and clear path towards work completion
- Lead a group of engineers and cross-functional team members in the implementation of new and existing features
- Provide clear and concise communication regarding feature development statuses to the team and stakeholders
- Plan, supervise and manage releases for the work the squad is performing
- Empower team members – including other developers as well as Technical Support and QA – through technical mentoring, contributions to the team’s documentation, libraries, and providing automation for manual tasks where appropriate
- Define and adhere to internal coding standards, development processes, and design best practices
- Ensure quality by performing thorough testing and leveraging peer reviews for your work and the work of cross functional teams
- Help scope, estimate, and prioritize work
- Embrace and demonstrate our values: humility, creativity, and independence
- Write and maintain clean, maintainable, and well-tested code for the future (and present) of the company’s platform
- Participate in mandatory weekly call
To apply for this job please visit blackpenrecruitment.zohorecruit.com.