Kudi’s mission is to make financial services accessible and affordable by providing fast and reliable cash payments for all Africans.
As a backend engineer, you will be responsible for all levels of our vast technology stack from design to deployment; developing intelligent and resilient mission-critical systems which handle tens of millions of dollars in transactions monthly. You will also be responsible for significant architectural decisions, guiding the rest of the team technically and using all of the tools at your disposal along with your initiative to get stuff done.
- At least 3 years experience developing in Java & NodeJS in the industry
- At least 3 years experience building and maintaining microservice architectures
- Experience working with containers
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Strong System Architecture Design skills
- Knowledge of fundamental computing topics, e.g. networking, databases, concurrency, parallelism, algorithms, data structures, monitoring, optimisation, etc
- Knowledge of modern software engineering practises, e.g DDD.
- Ability to work autonomously and lead technically
- Ability to take initiative and get stuff done
- Great communication skills
- Openness to learn and improve
About the Position:
- You will work across different technology stacks and languages (mainly with a focus on Java and NodeJS)
- You will have end to end responsibility of many services from design to deployment;
- You will join a small, fast-paced team of engineers
- You will be a point of call for technical matters
Nice to have:
- Experience working in financial services
- Experience in python
- Easily approachable for others to discuss challenges with you
To apply for this job please visit kudi.talentlyft.com.