We are focused on solving some of Africa’s biggest challenges in Identity, Education, Payment and Data for People and Businesses.
We are looking for a seasoned AWS Architect and DevOps Engineer responsible for designing, developing, and operating the infrastructure and keeping our infrastructure ahead of our customer growth, ensuring service reliability, performance, efficiency, and security. If you’re an operations-minded automation and software expert looking to join a small, nimble team – this is it.
As an AWS Architect and DevOps Engineer, a typical day might include the following:
- Plan and implementation lead for cloud-based servers, applications, and services.
- Design, architect and implementation, test, automating and maintenance of software components to a high-quality standard
- Apply security fundamentals and best practices in the design and implementation of solutions
- Provide technical leadership for the management, operations, and support of cloud solutions post implementation
- Collaborate with the team to conduct projects
- Work with teams to provide operational support of production environments
- Act as a technical escalation for troubleshooting complex issues and manage incidents
You’d be a good fit if:
- At least 2 years of experience with Information Technology and architecting on AWS.
- BS/BA degree in Computer Science, Information Systems or related field, or equivalent work experience
- In-depth knowledge of system design and architecture with the technologies and experience implementing a wide range of solutions
- Experience with agile project management practices
- Ability to analyze workloads and recommend cost effective solutions for business needs
- Experience in micro-services / event sourcing architectures and containers
- Experience to design resilience of the cloud environment (AWS)
- In depth knowledge of key AWS services such as EC2, ECS, S3, VPC, SES, RDS, SNS / SQS, Route 53 etc..
- Experience creating CI/CD for applications in NodeJS and Golang with AWS CodePipeline
- In depth knowledge of Continuous Integration and Deployment (CI/CD) environments using tools such as CodePipeline/CodeBuild/CodeCommit Confluence Jira, Jenkins.
- Experience building installation, configuration, administration, reporting of Atlassian toolsJira, Confluence, BitBucket/Stash/GitHub, Crowd
- The ability to document and train on CI/CD standard methodologies with our IT and Engineering organizations
- Extensive experience using scripting languages to support AWS administration
- Familiarity with AWS Cloudwatch and Cloudtrail.
- Hands-on experience with Cloudformation.
- Excellent communication, presentation & customer interaction skills is a must.
- Working knowledge of MongoDB, this will be a plus.
- Advanced knowledge of networking and protocols: TCP/IP ,ICMP ,SSH,LDAP ,DNS,VLANs, Load-balancing, NSGs, etc
- Familiarity with logging/monitoring using tools such as Kibana, ElasticSearch and Splunk
- Ability to identify problems, and effectively communicate solutions to peers and management
- Strong interpersonal skills; ability to communicate with people with a variety of skill sets
- Ability to adapt to rapidly changing requirement
- The ability to comfortably present ideas to both technical and business stakeholders and facilitate strategic discussions
- The ability to mentor fellow team members in both technical and process related areas.
To apply for this job please visit softcom.ng.